Join us on a trip throughout history and let’s learn about Queen Elizabeth with our free printable facts about Queen Elizabeth coloring pages!
These interesting facts are a fun resource for kids who love learning about the Royal Family and the history of the United Kingdom! Get your own set here:
Queen Elizabeth Facts FOR KIDS
- Princess Elizabeth, later known as Queen Elizabeth II, was born on April 21,1926, as the first child of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (known as the Queen Mother).
- From 6 February 1952 until her death, she was queen regnant of 32 sovereign states during her lifetime and remained the monarch of 15 realms by the time of her death.
- Her full title was “Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other realms and territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith”
- Buckingham Palace was the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II in London, but she spent her early childhood at the Royal Lodge in Windsor Castle.
- Queen Elizabeth II ascended to the throne on February 6,1952. She became the longest-reigning monarch in British history surpassing the reign of her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria, who spent 63 years on the throne.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s wedding dress, worn on her marriage to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, on November 20, 1947, was designed by Norman Hartnell. She bought her dress with ration coupons from the Second World War.
- During World War II, Princess Elizabeth and her sister Princess Margaret played an active role. She joined the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) and trained as a mechanic and military truck driver.
- Queen Elizabeth II did not have a British passport. She was the only person in the United Kingdom who did not require a passport because British passports are issued in her name as the head of state.
- Queen Elizabeth II is the first British monarch to have her coronation televised.
- Elizabeth died aged 96 at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire, in September 2022 and was succeeded by her eldest son, Charles III.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Queen Elizabeth Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Queen Elizabeth Facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Queen Elizabeth Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Which fact about Queen Elizabeth was your favorite?