Our fuzzy pom pom caterpillar craft is easy to make and kids love ’em! This caterpillar craft is perfect for kids of all ages and doubles as a fine motor skill, and a great craft to teach life skills!
How to This Make Pom Pom Caterpillar Craft
Love the Very Hungry Caterpillar? This caterpillar craft would be a perfect craft to do with it. It would also work great as a sensory craft, bug science craft, or even a spring craft. But it also doubles as fine motor skill practice and teaches an important life skill, sewing!
The best part is, this pom pom caterpillar craft is budget-friendly. However, due to the needle, there either needs to be an adult helping or an adult heavily supervising.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make Pom Pom Caterpillar Craft
How To Make This Cute and Fuzzy Pom Pom Caterpillar Craft
Begin by threading your needle.
Tip: It sometimes help if you wet the tip of the thread before trying to thread it.
Pull the thread directly through the middle of the pom poms. Be sure to tie the end off!
Repeat until all of the pom poms are strung. Tie off the string and trim the excess.
Decide which end of the caterpillar is the head, then rethread your needle. Starting at the bottom of the pom pom, pull the thread up through the middle and out towards either the right or left.
Repeat, pulling the thread towards the opposite side. Now the caterpillar has antennae!
Secure the wiggly eyes to the pom pom with hot glue. If desired, stitch a small smile onto the face of the caterpillar.
- pom poms
- wiggly eyes
- embroidery floss
- sewing needle
- hot glue
- Thread your needle with the embroidery floss! You can use any color thread you want.
- Stick each pom pom through the middle and pull the thread through. Do this to all your pom poms.
- Do this until you have your caterpillar the desired length and tie off the string at the end. Trim off the excess string.
- Rethread your needle.
- Decide which end you want the head of the caterpillar and the stick the needle through the top from left to right or right to left, it doesn’t matter.
- Once you have the desired length trim off the string to make antennas for your caterpillar.
- Take your hot glue gun and stick the wiggly eyes on your pom pom caterpillar.
Younger kids and kids not familiar with sewing will need heavy adult supervision and/or adult help to do this craft.
Other Pom Pom Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
More Fun Caterpillar Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
How did your colorful pom pom caterpillar craft turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!