I got 4 words for you, air fryer chicken tenders. If you’re looking for a quick snack or fun dinner idea, you can’t go wrong with this Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe! Making chicken tenders in the air fryer is so easy to do and will quickly become a family favorite. Seriously, making chicken tenders in the air fryer are crispy, juicy… just delicious! Air fryer chicken tenders is family favorite recipe in my house.
Easiest Way to Make Chicken is In the Air Fryer
Even if you have never used an air fryer before, try this easy chicken tenderloin recipe. You will be amazed at how easily and quickly you can get dinner on the table.
Related: How to cook marinated chicken in the air fryer
This air fryer chicken tenderloin dinner is crispy on the outside with a tender, juicy inside just the way that chicken tenderloins should be!
Chicken Tenderloin Air Fryer Ingredients
How To Cook Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
Clean and trim chicken if necessary.
Add the bread crumbs and seasonings to a shallow small bowl or plate, mix together with a fork. You can easily make these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and gluten-free Panko crumbs.
Next, pour beaten eggs into a shallow bowl or plate.
Add flour to a shallow bowl or plate.
Use tongs to dip one chicken tender in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, and then in breadcrumbs mixture. Coating evenly on all sides.
You may repeat the coating process a couple of times depending on how crispy you like your chicken. Set aside on plate or tray.
Repeat the process with 3-4 more tenders.
Put the sliced chicken breast in the air fryer basket. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of tenders, or until golden and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. The cook time isn’t that long at all!
While the chicken is cooking, prepare more uncooked chicken with some coating.
Repeat cooking until all chicken is cooked.
Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- It may be tempted to stick all the chicken tenders in at ones, but you want them in a single layer so they all get crispy. So, cook the chicken tenders in batches.
- Seasoning your flour can make for even more flavor. You can add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, even herbs like cayenne pepper.
- Skinless chicken breast works best for breaded chicken tenders. They do have some boneless skinless chicken breasts already cut up, but they are smaller. They will still work though.
Substitutions for Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
You can use all Panko, all breadcrumbs, a combination, or even use crackers crumbs.
Ways to serve air fryer chicken tenderloins
This air fryer chicken recipe involves minimal prep and cooking times, and thanks to the air fryer, it’s super easy! Most of the ingredients are items you already have in the fridge and pantry!
You can use these air fryer chicken tenders in tons of recipes, like chicken fajitas, chicken finger subs, and even chicken parmesan! Oh man, these with parmesan cheese would be amazing.
They can also be cut down into bite-sized homemade chicken nuggets for the kids.
This is seriously one of my favorite air fryer recipes. They go with any of your favorite dipping sauces. Plus, you can cut them even smaller to make chicken fingers.
This post contains affiliate links
Storing Air Fry Chicken Tenderloins
Have leftovers crispy air fryer chicken tenders? Make sure you put the leftover chicken pieces into an airtight container. These homemade chicken strips are even great the next day! You just have to make sure you store leftovers correctly.
You can even meal prep Air Fryer Chicken Tenders and then freeze them.
These crispy chicken tenders are great for lunch or dinner!
What To Serve With Your Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
There are so many great side dish options that will go super well with these air fryer chicken tenders. You can enjoy:
- French Fries
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Salad
- Baked Potatoes
- Roasted Carrots
- Green Beans
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Panko crumbs **see notes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Honey Mustard
- Ranch Dressing
- Your favorite dip sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Clean and trim chicken if necessary.
- Add bread crumbs and seasonings to a shallow bowl or plate. Then, mix it together with a fork.
- Next, add the beaten eggs to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip one chicken tender in flour, then in eggs, and then in breadcrumbs mixture. Coating evenly on all sides.
- Set aside on a plate or tray.
- Repeat with 3-4 more tenders.
- Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of tenders, or until golden and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare more chicken with coating.
- Repeat cooking until all chicken is cooked.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Breadcrumbs: You can use all Panko, all breadcrumbs, a combination or even use crackers crumbs
More Delicious Chicken Recipes From Kids Activities Blog:
What is your favorite way to eat chicken tenders?
Chicken Tenderloins Air Fryer FAQ
Most size chicken tenderloins will take 8-10 minutes to cook in the air frier. Smaller pieces will take a little shorter time and larger pieces could take up to 12 minutes.
Air fryer temperature for cooking chicken tenderloins is 370 degrees F.