From : www.swimming.org
Long course and short course regional swimming records are kept over the following distances.
|Freestyle||50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500 metres|
|Backstroke||50, 100 and 200 metres|
|Breaststroke||50, 100 and 200 metres|
|Butterfly||50, 100 and 200 metres|
|Individual medley||100, 200 and 400 metres|
|Freestyle team relay||4 x 100 and 4 x 200 metres (open only)|
|Medley team relay||4 x 100 metres (open only)|
Latest London Region swimming records
Click or tap below to download the latest records documents as well as conditions and claim form.
London Swimming Records
- Swim England London Long Course Records – Updated 8 March 2020
- Swim England London Short Course Records as at 27th February 2020.pdf
- Swim England London swimming record claim form
- Swim England London swimming records conditions
London swimming records conditions
Full records conditions are outlined in the document, available to download above.
Assorted conditions are listed below:
- All records shall be for male and female, for long course and short course and, except for relays as specified above, for open and junior classifications. The open classification shall have no age limits; in the junior classification a swimmer shall be under the age of 16 years on the day of the swim.
- Records will be recognised only if the event was either entered in the name of a club (or first named club in the case of dual recognition) affiliated to London Swimming; or entered in the name of a country (e g Great Britain or England), Region or County where, at the time of the competition, the swimmer’s club with the longest unbroken membership is affiliated to London Swimming;
- The time must be on British Rankings and have been achieved at an event licensed at Levels 1, 2 or 3 by the ASA or WASA, or Levels 1 or 2 by the SASA, or at an event outside of Great Britain also with a time on the British rankings.
- All conditions specified in ASA laws regarding English records shall apply to London Swimming unless otherwise specified above.
- All records will be published on the Region website. While every attempt will be made to maintain accurate records, anybody wishing to bring a possible record to the attention of the Region should e-mail full details to email@example.com