If you want your kiddos to learn more about the different kinds of water and various water resources found on our blue planet, then these wacky water facts are a must!
The earth’s water is a precious commodity, and water scarcity is a real concern in our future, thanks to climate change and various other factors.
A lack of water, as well as water quality, is something we all should be concerned about.
But how much do you really know about Earth’s water supply, clean drinking water, or the salt water found in the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic ocean?
facts about water FOR KIDS
- Water is the most important resource. All living things of any size need water to survive!
- Water molecules are composed of two elements, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. 2 Hydrogen atoms + 1 Oxygen atom = H20.
- The human body is between 55-65 percent water. In fact, about 75% of the human brain is made up of water.
- The longest river is the Nile, which flows over 4,132 miles.
- About 71% of the Earth’s surface is water, which is two-thirds of the world’s surface. Sadly, only 3% is safe drinking water, as the rest has too much salt.
- Producing a new car uses 40,000 gallons of water.
- The average person uses an overall amount of water of 37 gallons a day.
- World water day has been held on March 22 every year since 1993.
- Water contamination is a big problem. At the current pace, the earth’s fresh water will not be enough to meet global energy needs by 2040.
- Half of the world’s water is older than the sun. You may be drinking water that was around when the dinosaurs existed.
- Around 300 gallons of water is used by the average American family per day. 70% of that total is used inside the home.
- 1.5 sextillion molecules are found in a single drop of water.
- The largest body of saltwater on our planet is the Pacific Ocean and it covers 63 million square miles.
- Even human blood comprises water, about 50 percent to be exact.
- A lack of access to clean water or the use of impure water for drinking purposes can cause severe health problems.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT WATER COLORING SHEETS
Facts about water coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with facts about water that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE facts about water PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Which of these interesting facts about water and water use did you find the most intriguing?